Are you searching for custom home storage and organization solutions?
You’ve come to the right place!
Our expert team is trained to help you make the most out of your home storage spaces to transform your home into a place where you can relax and enjoy your life.
If you’ve never experienced our services before we’ve compiled a list of frequently asked questions that will help you learn more about how we will help you make your life easier!
Let us know in the comments if you have a question that’s not included on our list.
- What are slide-out shelves?
Slide-out shelves are custom-built shelves that are installed inside existing cabinets that slide in and out, making your home storage easier to access and get to items in the back of your cabinets. The term shelf actually refers to more of a drawer box that is installed in your cabinet.
- How do slide-out shelves differ from traditional fixed shelves?
Traditional fixed shelves cannot be moved in and out. Slide-out shelves, on the other hand, are able to be pulled out of your cabinet, allowing you to access items stored in the back of the cabinet more easily.
- How are slide-out shelves installed?
Slide-out shelves are custom-made to fit the dimensions of your cabinets. They are installed by our employee craftsmen using special runners or tracks, which allow the shelves to slide in and out smoothly.
- Can slide-out shelves be installed in any type of cabinet?
Slide-out shelves can be installed in most types of cabinets, including base cabinets, pantry cabinets, and corner cabinets.
- What are the benefits of installing slide-out shelves?
The benefits of installing slide-out shelves include increased access to cabinet space, improved accessibility to items stored in the back of the cabinet, improved home storage and organization, and money saved by not wasting groceries that go lost at the back of a cabinet.
- Will I lose storage space in my cabinets after having slide out shelves installed?
The short answer is yes. Long answer is what you loose in space you gain in function and access – since slide out shelves must fit between the left and right opening of your cabinets, you will lose the space along the sides behind the face frame. However, what you gain when a slide shelf is installed, is complete access to the back of the cabinet. Likely before slide outs, you had to remove all the stuff in front of your shelf in order to reach your items at the back.
- How much does it cost to install slide-out shelves?
Each solution is custom-made and designed for your organization needs. The price typically ranges from $2,000 to $8,000. Sometimes more if slideouts are installed in all areas of your home.
- How long does it take to install slide-out shelves?
Our expert craftsmen have installed anywhere from four slide outs to 44 slideouts, and we have successfully installed all the slide out shelves in a single day!
- Do I need to empty my cabinets before installing slide-out shelves?
Yes, you will need to empty your cabinets before installing slide-out shelves.
- Can I install slide-out shelves myself?
While it is possible to install slide-out shelves yourself, it is recommended that you hire a professional installer to ensure that the shelves are installed correctly.
- What materials are used to make slide-out shelves?
Our slide out shelves are custom made of birch wood.
- How thick are the side walls and bottoms?
Most have ⅝” thick or ½” thick sides and the bottom of the slide outs are either ¼” or ½” thick based on the needs.
- How much weight can slide-out shelves hold?
Each slide out can hold up to 100 lbs. Think of this as over 120 Cambell’s soup cans. KitchenAid mixers are great on a slide out.
- Are slide-out shelves easy to clean?
Yes, slide-out shelves are easy to clean. Simply wipe them down with a damp cloth or sponge. Some clients choose to place a liner on the bottom.
- Can I choose the height of the sides of my slide-out shelves?
Yes, we offer four sizes of heights to choose from, which fit most applications. Custom heights are also available to suit your specific needs. Click Here for more details about slide out shelf sizes.
- Can I install slide-out shelves in cabinets with doors?
Yes, slide-out shelves can be installed in cabinets with doors.
- How do I maintain my slide-out shelves?
To maintain your slide-out shelves, wipe them down regularly and check the hardware for signs of wear and tear. Your slide outs have a lifetime warranty as long as you live in the home.
- Can slide-out shelves be installed in cabinets with a center support between the doors?
Yes, slide-out shelves can be installed in cabinets with a center support, commonly known as a stile. Many times we recommend cutting the stile off at the top and the bottom and reattaching it to the left door. This provides access to more storage space than the two small openings.
- How do I know if my cabinets are suitable for slide-out shelves?
Most cabinets, old or new, are suitable for slide-out shelves. With our expert experience, we can find a solution that will make your home’s storage space more functional.
- Can slide-out shelves be installed in cabinets with existing shelves?
Yes, slide-out shelves can be installed in cabinets with existing shelves. Sometimes we will mount slide outs to your existing shelves and other times we recommend the shelves be removed to gain better storage and accessibility.
- Are slide-out shelves adjustable?
Some slide-out shelves are adjustable inside of a cabinet, while others are fixed in place. It depends on how the slide outs will be used. Most pantry cabinets are installed with adjustable slide outs and slide outs in lower bottom cabinets are fixed in place.
- Can you add pull out shelves to existing cabinets?
Yes, that’s the great thing about our custom slide out shelves. They are made to fit your existing cabinets. No need to have a complete kitchen remodel to make your home storage spaces easy to use.
- Are pull out shelves worth it?
Yes. Many cabinets have a short ½ shelf in the middle towards the back of the cabinet and some have a full shelf in the middle of the cabinet opening.
- Who are the owners of Harmony Home Concepts?
The owners are local Wichitans Phil and Shelley Davis.
- What other businesses do Phil and Shelley Davis own?
Phil and Shelley Davis also own The Best Home Guys, a handyman service.
- What areas does Harmony Home Concepts serve?
Wichita and surrounding areas – we’ve gone out as far as Little River, KS to install slide outs. Give us a call to find out if we can install in your area!
- How long does it take to install slide outs?
Your custom slide outs will be installed in one day.
- Who installs the slide outs?
Our employee craftsmen, who are fully trained, background-checked, bonded and insured, install the slide outs.
- What materials does Harmony Home Concepts use?
We use only the highest quality materials and are constantly researching the best soltions to solve your every day home storage annoyances.
- Does Harmony Home Concepts offer a guarantee?
Yes, all our products have a lifetime guarantee and our labor for home projects comes with a lifetime warranty.
- How long has Phil Davis been helping homeowners with kitchen organization?
Phil Davis has been helping homeowners get to the space in their kitchens since 2007.
- What other types of solutions does Harmony Home Concepts offer?
We offer innovative solutions to help with your home storage and organization needs. Along with making custom-designed closets and wall-to-wall storage systems to make your spaces more functional, we also offer small home repairs and basic home maintenance projects to keep your home in its best shape possible.
- How long has Harmony Home Concepts been serving the Wichita area?
Since 2005 – starting out as a Handyman franchise and then became The Best Home Guys after negotiating out of the franchise. We started installing pull-out shelves for our clients in 2007, but then added Slide Out Shelf Solutions as a brand in 2017. Most recently in 2022 we branched out to custom closets and wall-to-wall storage solutions with our brand Creative Closet Concepts. In March of 2023, we officially changed our name to Harmony Home Concepts to consolidate our 3 companies and brands. We’re still locally owned and family operated by the same great team just with a new name!
- What is a Certified Aging in Place Specialist?
A Certified Aging in Place Specialist helps aging and disabled homeowners modify their homes so they can continue to live on their own while maintaining their safety and integrity.
- Is Harmony Home Concepts a Certified Aging in Place Specialist?
Yes, Phil Davis, our Owner, is a Certified Aging in Place Specialist.
- How can homeowners get a consultation?
Homeowners can call our office 316-712-6060 to schedule a FREE consultation to see how their cabinets, pantry, and home can be transformed.
Do you have any questions about our custom home services and home storage solutions? Let us know in the comments below.