Spring is in the air which means it is typically the time for some spring cleaning and organizing!
Do you find yourself overwhelmed and have no idea how or where to begin with your organization?
We’ve gone in search of some ideas to help put some spring back in your step!
These tips have helped us and we want to share what we’ve found to be helpful in getting things organized. As our Grandma said, everything has a place and everything’s in its place. Read all the way to the last page for a bonus tip that will bring Spring indoors and give you a sunshiny day, even if it’s raining!
We hope these organization tips will help make your life easier and for you to enjoy being at home as Spring arrives!
Tip #1: Start small and prioritize.
- Organization is easy when you start with a plan.
- Take a step back and assess the areas of your home that need organizing.\Make a list of the rooms or spaces that need the most attention.
- Prioritize your frequently used and most cluttered spaces first
Tip #2: Tackle one area at a time.
- Focus on one area of your home at a time to avoid feeling overwhelmed.
- This could be a single room, a closet, or even just one drawer or shelf!
Tip #3: Sort items into categories.
- As you go through your belongings, sort them into categories such as keep, donate, sell, recycle, or trash.
- Don’t wait to actually donate, recycle or sell your items – take action!
Tip #4: Everything in it’s place.
- Create a designated home for everything. Creating a designated space makes it easier for you to find things as well as keep things organized.
- Designated spots could be for keys, mail, and other items that tend to accumulate in piles.
- Use dividers in your junk drawer to keep that space tidy.
Tip #5: One in, one out!
- For every new item you bring in your home, get rid of one item you no longer need or use.
- If you replace an item, get rid of the item you are replacing. Don’t hold on to it “just in case” – even if it still works (donate it instead)!
Tip #6: Make it a habit.
- Set aside 30 minutes every week to tidy up and put away items that have strayed out of their homes.
- Do a seasonal declutter with your closets and donate or sell clothes that you no longer wear.
- Check your fridge and pantry before grocery shopping to avoid buying duplicates – slide-out shelves will help you see everything in your cabinets!
Tip #7: Give it a name.
- Put a label on all your storage boxes!
- Labeling will help you quickly find what you need without having to open all your storage containers.
BONUS TIP: Organize with Harmony Home Concepts.
We’ve had years of experience helping our clients bring out the space they already have and organizing their homes to make every day easier. Our slide-out shelves and custom wall-to-wall storage systems help you organize and optimize your space, making it more functional and beautiful!
Check out examples below of the storage and organization transformations we’ve helped clients achieve in their homes with our custom-built slide-out shelves and custom-designed wall-to-wall storage systems.
Simply slide back and forth to see our before and afters!
Organizing your home can be a daunting task, but with the right mindset and strategies, it can be a stress-free process that results in a more harmonious living space. Remember to start small, prioritize, and use the “one in, one out” rule. Set aside time every week to declutter and neaten up your space, and be mindful of your purchases.
Consider incorporating our products to help you get organized and achieve your home organization goals. Let us help you create the home of your dreams.
Call us today at 316-712-6060
We offer a complimentary consultation with our expert team to show you how a Harmony Home solution could help you or someone you know reclaim the calm out of the chaos in their home storage and organization.
Thank you for trusting us – we look forward to helping you make every day easier!
P.S. If you’d like to see more before and after Organization transformations click the button below to open a PDF with more examples!